Features & Benefits
Self-forming, self-healing, battery-powered wireless mesh network.
- Battery life of wireless nodes is 3 years for typical applications.
- Any node can be connected to external power, if available.
- Backhaul to surface over narrowband (e.g. VHF leaky feeder) or broadband (e.g. fiber backbones).
- 900 MHz RF propagation bends around corners for coverage at the face without being in the line of fire of blasting.
- Frequency Hopping Spread Sprectrum (FHSS) RF links for mitigation of multipath fading caused by harsh, confined and often obstructed environment.
- RF transmit power below the 40mW limit set by MSHA for no minimum distance from blasting caps.
- Continuous monitoring of network health.
- Industrial-grade hardware with IP65 environmental protection and -40C to +85C operating temperature range.
Value of solution
Extends network connectivity all the way up to the face.
- Leverages investments in existing backbone network infrastructure.
- Quick installation does not interrupt production.
- Persistent. No need to recharge batteries.
- Nodes can be installed by equipment operators and/or shift supervisors with simple tie wrap mounting. No tools are required to drill holes, install rock bolts, etc.
- Support technicians do not need to know anything about radio wave propagation.
- Reliable. No wires for power or communication can be damaged by mining activity. No downtime because of copper cable theft.
- Easy to recover and reuse.