— RF-Based Detection —
RF front end
- +3dBi remote magnetic mount antenna
- 200 kHz channel centered at 919.6 MHz (default, configurable in factory)
- TX radiated power: 1 mW (default, configurable in factory)
- RX sensitivity for detection of beacons: -50 dBm to -100dBm (defaults optimized for hard rock mechanized mines)
- Typical omnidirectional range in underground mines: 5 m to 100 m depending on RX/TX power levels configuration, antenna placement, tunnel dimensions and curvature, obstructions and rock type
- Unique 32-bit identification number
— I/O Interfaces —
- One 4-pin port with two electrically isolated digital inputs to directly monitor the on/off status of primary and auxiliary engines, via the ignition or oil pressure switch. Cable to monitor one engine to detect parked status is included.
- One 4-pin port for power and RS-232 communications with the Newtrax Ultra-Rugged User Interface or Automated Machinery Shutdown Module. Cable sold separately.
- One 3-pin port for RS-232 communications with the Newtrax Vehicle Modem & Tag Reader. Cables sold separately.
— Firmware Options —
— Power Supply —
- 7.25-36 VDC unregulated power (cable and accessories included)
- Energy consumption: peak / maximum drain of 100 mA
- Battery pack option for backup power for 3 to 6 months (typical)
— Physical Characteristics —
- Operating temperature: -40ºC to +85ºC
- Weatherproofing: IP65
- Dimensions: 120 mm x 120 mm x 90 mm + Antenna + Connectors/Cables