Newtrax Technologies Inc. awarded U.S. Patent for Collision Avoidance & Proximity Warning
Montreal, QC – March 28, 2016 — The US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) awarded Newtrax Technologies Inc., the leading provider of safety and operations management systems to the global underground hard rock mining industry, Patent No. 9,566,908 for “Context-Aware Collision Avoidance Devices and Collision Avoidance System”. The company’s patents on the invention date back to 2013.
Newtrax’s flagship MineProx system which is deployed on all continents is based on this patented technology which was specifically developed to reduce the risk of collisions between machines and pedestrians in underground hard rock mechanized mines.
Unique features protected by this patent which was also filed internationally (Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, South Africa, Russia, China and Australia) include:
- Use of emergency buttons on cap lamps to request emergency stops from operators
- Detection of unconscious man/woman down to request emergency stops from operators
- Filtering of nuisance alarms from passengers in vehicles and pedestrians in safe zones
- Filtering of nuisance alarms from parked equipment
- System integrity monitoring process
“This US patent consolidates our global patent protection for the cornerstone technology of our safety systems” said Alexandre Cervinka, President & CEO of Newtrax Technologies Inc.
Newtrax’s current portfolio of global patents and patents pending include several innovations specific to safety and operations management in underground hard rock mines.