Technical Support Specialist
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
In your role, you will provide technical support to Newtrax clients and personnel. You will be called upon to ensure that all tickets logged in the Newtrax support system recording technical support provided by you and other Newtrax personnel is up to date and accurate. You will be providing support by phone and email adhering to the response and resolution timeframes as per the published Newtrax policies.
Your office hours will be flexible and will be expected to overlap with as many of the Newtrax regional offices as possible with the bulk of the hours corresponding with either the Montreal or Vancouver offices. You can be based anywhere in Canada and will be expected to attend training sessions in Montreal to gain the internal knowledge required for the role and to bond with the team.
You may also be called upon to provide basic training to Newtrax personnel new to the company.
Support Technical Support and Internal Training – 80-90% of logged time
- Provide first and second level support where the questions are within your field of expertise.
- Escalate tickets to second and third level support where applicable within the time frames published in the Newtrax support policies.
- Liaise with 3rd level support providers and clients to facilitate easy and quick resolution as far as possible.
- Liaise with RMA team to ensure RMA statuses are monitored and communicated to the personnel responsible for the next steps.
- Ensure that all tickets logged into the Newtrax support system as completed and accurately updated.
- Ensure that all tickets logged out of time zone or assigned to personnel currently unavailable is assigned to other support providers and liaise with client and internal personnel to ensure resolution.
- Where requested, create reports and exports from the Newtrax support system to inform sales and services/deployment personnel of the current state of support tickets logged for a specific client.
- Internal training will be a small part of the logged time only. It is expected that some of this may entail travel to Newtrax offices, but most will be in the form of small online sessions or recorded videos or webinars.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Deep understanding of technical support processes and best practice behaviour.
- Basic knowledge of Newtrax technologies and solutions (training will be provided where required).
- Basic to Intermediate understanding of mining processes and methodologies. (Mining experience and/or training a definite advantage.)
- Basic to Intermediate understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies. (Experience in liaising with defined scrum teams and roles in a software company a definite advantage.)
Personal Skills and Abilities
- Proven exceptional customer service skills
- Well spoken (second language a distinct asset)
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to help
- Process oriented and meticulous in troubleshooting
- Positive, proactive and flexible to change
- Professional with a strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Curious & Creative
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary education in any process focused field (engineering, software development, business process, etc.) required
- At least 5 years of experience and proven ability in delivering technical support to technical clients.
Please apply directly at firstname.lastname@example.org