Location : Montreal, Quebec, Canada
As a key member of the software development team, you will be responsible for variety of front end and back end software development projects in an agile development environment, including solutions for the analysis of massive amounts of data captured by a real time data acquisition system.
- Actively contribute to the definition of technology strategies (architecture, design and interfacing) to effectively meet business needs
- Participate in the technological monitoring and the definition of coding standards to ensure that systems are efficient, resilient and durable
- Gather requirements from customers and provide solutions and/or workarounds based on those requirements and supported by technical documentation.
- Support the operations team in coordinating the deployment and administration of the Central Server and investigation of complex problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Database management systems: PostgreSQL (preferred), MySQL, Oracle
- Test automation systems: Jenkins, PHPUnit, JSUnit, pgTAP
- Web servers: Apache (preferred), nginx
- Linux servers: Ubuntu (preferred), CentOS, LAMP
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Proficient spoken and written English and conversational French
- Strong technical understanding of the challenges of integrating open source technologies
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced development environment
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals
- Teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Asset: Public presences, repos, community contributions, stack overflow, etc.
- Asset: Ability to travel occasionally
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer sciences, or equivalent combination of education and years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in front end and/or back end development, including some of the following areas: relational databases; indexing, searching and analytics over large data sets, test automation systems.
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org