- Promote continuous improvement methods and coach and mentor team on Scrum practices.
- Lead Scrum ceremonies.
- Manage the team impediment list and coach the stakeholders and other departments to resolve impediments.
- Protect the team from any outside interruptions and obstacles.
- Facilitate the team’s collaboration with stakeholders and other business departments.
- Provide transparency to all stakeholders on progress and impediments faced by the team.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Understand and lives by the Scrum principles.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Motivated, well organized and energetic.
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of other Agile methodologies (Kanban, Lean Manufacturing, XP) (asset).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (required) and Axosoft OnTime (asset).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University diploma or equivalent required.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 5 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Experience in high-growth high-tech companies (asset).
- Experience with application of Agile methodologies in hardware/embedded firmware development projects (asset).
Find out more about us here.