As the Product Manager, you will leverage your experience in product development to create a world-class high-velocity roadmap for the evolution of the portfolio of IoT devices developed by Newtrax to monitor people (wearables), vehicles (telematics) and the environment (wireless sensor networks). In this role, you will effectively represent external customers within an agile product development environment and prioritize stakeholder requirements to maximize customer satisfaction with the constantly evolving suite of products.
- Product Vision: manage requirements and communicate product vision to external partners and sub-contractors including PCB Designers and Industrial Designers.
- Ensure hardware platform supports the Embedded Firmware Features roadmap
- Product Scope: own, define, maintain and prioritize the Product Backlog (Product Roadmap) on an ongoing basis for multiple products and establish the scope and goals for each product release.
- Improve: promote continuous improvement in the product portfolio based on end customer requirements and priorities.
- Collaborate: work in close collaboration with internal project management professionals and the Quality team to deliver high-quality products on time and on budget.
Knowledge & Skills
- University education in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 + years of hands-on experience in product design, definition and ideally product management for Hardware and Networking products and devices.
- Knowledge of Scrum methodology.
- Proven leadership ability including inspiring individuals who do not report directly to you.
- Motivated, well organized and energetic.
- Focused on making things happen and removing impediments to progress.
- Knowledge of wireless LAN IoT technologies is a strong asset.
- Experience in a high-growth high-tech company.
- Excellent communication skills in English. French and Spanish are strong assets.
- Availability to travel up to 1 week per month.