Payroll and Accounts Payable Clerk
Location : Montreal, Quebec, Canada
We are looking for a skilled payroll and accounts payable clerk to be responsible for processing all aspects of payroll timely including employee deductions and payroll taxes. Responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bi-weekly payroll for Canadian location
- Remit required remittances on a timely basis
- Maintaining employee records
- Maintain vacation time off
- Per pay reconciliations of all payroll related general ledger accounts and payroll related spreadsheets
- Annual payroll reconciliations
- DEC in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Proven working experience as an accounts payable clerk
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and In French
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel – formulas & functions – we work heavily with Excel.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Proven time management skills, with the ability to effectively establish and execute priorities
- Thrive in providing excellent customer service, to external vendors, peers and employees.
Please apply directly at email@example.com