Location : Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Information systems are a vital part of the day-to-day operations of Newtrax. As such, the Information Services (IS) group has the responsibility to ensure that Newtrax’s information systems are kept available, up-to-date, secure and can pass an IT security audit one would expect from a major client.
The IT Manager will be responsible to manage the implementation and audit of IS policies and processes required to support the profitable growth of the company. The candidate will lead a small team of IT specialists that install and maintain corporate and personal IT hardware and software systems and provides technical advice, training and support to system users.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated skills in managing a small team of IT professionals and a proven history of progressive, professional experience and a detailed knowledge of the IT and mining industries’ best practices and processes.
- Responsible for maintaining safe work environments within his team and takes responsibility for safety while off the work premises. Takes specific interest in safety cultures and practices at customer sites and vendor workplaces for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Responsible forimplementing and maintaining the organization’s Information Technology infrastructure.
- Responsible for, in collaboration with other stakeholders (HQ, regions, customers…), the collection of functional IT requirements, design of IT architecture, create development and/or integration strategies, implement and coordinate IT systems.
- Establishes policies to support the strategies set by top management.
- Ensures the security of internal and external data through appropriate tools and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, security of access and disaster recovery.
- Experience in implementing, and maintaining an organization’s cybersecurity plan, including Incident Response.
- Continually develop and transfer best IT practices knowledge internally.
- Maintains IT hardware and software assets available and up-to-date to ensure maximum efficiency of users.
- Recommends and/or identifies efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software when required.
- Completes IT projects by coordinating resources and timetables with both IT and other departments.
- Mentors junior IT staff and others to build skillsets across all groups at HQ and at regions as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience in IT
- 3+ years’ in a similar role overseeing a team of IT professionals
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network and corporate software installation (both on premise and in the cloud)
- Experience in managing a small team
- Experience in high-growth business and software development environment an asset
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new environments, learn new technologies quickly and be a team player with a positive entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent English and French communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in devising and establishing IT systems and policies, specifically those related to cybersecurity.
- Hands-on experience in security systems (IDS/IPS, SEM/SIEM, etc.)
- Ability to independently understand, perform Root cause analysis (RCA) of, and remediate to security-related issues
- CISSP certification an asset
- Familiarity with cyber security laws, regulations and compliance an asset
- Familiarity with security and risk management concepts an asset
- DevOps knowledge and experience an asset
- Operational Technologies (i.e. field IIoT devices, leaky feeder, UHF/VHF radio systems and related systems) knowledge and experience an asset
- Previous experience in the mining industry an asset
The IT Manager will lead a small team of Jr IT Specialists (2 people).