Embedded Linux Developer
As a key member of the software development team, you will be responsible for developing solutions to capture and process data in real-time on an Embedded Linux multi-protocol communication system with the end objective of providing valuable business insights to end customers.
- As part of a Scrum team, actively contribute to the architecture, design, coding and testing of the embedded Linux firmware to effectively meet business needs
- Participate in the technological monitoring and the definition of coding standards to ensure that systems are efficient, resilient and durable
- Investigate customer issues and provide solutions and/or workarounds
- Support the operations team in new product introduction and in investigation of complex problems.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Advanced debugging skills
- Programming languages: C++
- Operating systems : Embedded Linux (Ubuntu)
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Proficient spoken and written English and/or French
- Strong technical understanding of the challenges of real-time embedded Linux development
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced development environment
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals
- Teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Public presences, repos, community contributions, stack overflow, etc. (asset)
- Ability to travel occasionally (asset)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Sciences, or equivalent combination of education and years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in some of the following areas : Embedded Linux , Wireless technologies (including WiFi and Bluetooth), TCP/IP (advanced routing, security), Unit testing frameworks, ARM processors (TI Sitara), Vehicle communication bus (CAN)
Find out more about us here.