Director Technical Services, Canada & USA
Owing to recent growth trajectories, we have an immediate need to augment the regional management team for Canada and the USA to include a Director of Technical Services.
In that capacity, you will be responsible for leading, coordinating, managing and optimizing technical services team performance in the region. As the first incumbent of this exciting and newly created role, you will shape the technical services processes and will take full ownership and responsibility for project execution and client success on projects throughout Canada/USA.
Reporting directly to the VP Canada & USA, this role will offer you an opportunity to apply your technical and managerial skills in delivering transformational technology projects to mine sites across Canada/USA.
- Primarily to provide support to deployment/project managers, deployment specialists and deployment technicians as required.
- Where required, deliver projects, audit installations, or provide training to installers, to ensure leading-edge telecommunication, safety, and vehicle telemetry solutions are deployed correctly.
- Ensure technical services team achieves target utilization rates while maintaining costs as per the business plan.
- Ensure project delivery on-time and on-budget using project management principals and high-quality reporting.
- Ensure the technical services team has the required coursework for the projects being delivered and that a safety first environment is maintained at all times.
- Verify that 1st and 2nd line client support is conducted with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Be an ambassador for Newtrax culture by ensuring the workplace maintains a positive, high-performance attitude.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure a healthy pipeline of services activities are available in support of growth plans
- Degree in Electrical, Mining or Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years of proven experience with heavy vehicle mechanics/electronics, vehicle telemetry, industrial automation, and/or telecommunications; focus on the mining industry.
- 4+ years’ experience building and managing top caliber technical services teams.
- MBA an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Information Technology deployments and tools (Office, Windows); Linux knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence
- Willingness to travel frequently (average 50% of work time, monthly)
- Proficiency with reporting/dashboard tools such as MS Business Intelligence are an added advantage
- Ability to work well with the public, with good interpersonal skills, outstanding listening and presentation skills
If you have the right profile, believe in the same things we do and are interested in making a positive impact in the mining industry, apply directly at firstname.lastname@example.org