Location : South Africa
This position is responsible for executing the delivery of assigned Newtrax projects within Africa.
- Produce technical project documentation (project scope and value realisation) for Newtrax projects
- Undertake liaison with internal Newtrax and external client stakeholders to facilitate the satisfactory delivery of Newtrax products and services in-line with agreed scope. Stakeholders include:
- Client technology team (including IT, 3rd party outsourced renders)
- Client user base
- Newtrax sales function
- Newtrax services organisation (regional and HQ)
- Newtrax logistics and manufacturing
- Newtrax R&D
- Provide input into project delivery schedules and plans to facilitate the smooth delivery of all products and services.
- Undertake the installation and commissioning of Newtrax product offering.
- Undertake the configuration of Newtrax product offering.
- Undertake the training of end users of Newtrax product offering.
- Undertake change management activities in support of Newtrax product offering at client sites.
- Ensure all assigned work is delivered to the required high standards that deliver upon the value realisation (ROI) that was established at the project inception.
- Ensure assigned work is delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Provide progress updates as and when requested by snr technical and or management staff within region
- Provide service delivery day estimates to senior technical staff for requested sales opportunities.
- Provide technical pre-sales support to the regional sales function.
- Contribute to technical requirements elaboration and solution definition in conjunction with regional technology and sales function for requested sales opportunities.
- Contribute to discovery technical dialogue with early-stage prospects.
- Contribute to pre-contract scoping studies to confirm technical deployment product mix and overall feasibility.
- Attend regional marketing events (trade shows, technical seminars, road shows, etc) along with sales and technical staff members representing Newtrax.
Remote support functions:
- Manage and execute remote and local (on-site) system upgrades.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line client support as and when required.
- Escalate support cases to HQ as required, facilitating communication and follow up between internal and external stakeholders
Administrative tasks (i.e. not related to management or execution of Sales, Services or Support) include:
- Completion of time sheets.
- Timely submission of expense claims such that client billing can accurately back charge project-based expenses.
- Completion of technical services documentation in support of global support function.
- Providing weekly and monthly reports to the senior technical staff in region on project status.
- Liaise with finance teams and / or senior technical staff in regional to facilitate accurate and timely invoicing of completed services.
- Provide IT support function to regional office, including: laptops, desktops and server environments (virtual and real).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related domain
- 3-5 years of working experience in technical support or pre-sales role
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and willingness to travel frequently (50% of time)
- Be an ambassador for Newtrax culture by ensuring the workplace maintains a safe, positive, high-performance attitude.
- Proficiency with reporting/dashboard tools such as MS Business Intelligence are an added advantage
- Ability to work well with the public, with good interpersonal skills, outstanding listening and presentation skills
- Technical Acumen.
This position is expected to provide technical leadership and supervision to client and third party technical staff.
When not on travel, this job operates from an office location. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is regularly required to travel. When visiting client mine sites, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position may also require occasional heavy lifting/moving.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but when not on travel duties, the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Regular evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires extensive travel time, approx. 50% of time will be spent on-site. Travel is outside the local office area and implies several consecutive overnights.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.