Newtrax (www.newtrax.com) develops cutting edge technology focused exclusively on the underground, hard rock, metal mining industry. Our solutions are currently in use at over 80 mines and our market is growing quickly. Owing to recent growth trajectories, we have a need to add to our Canada / USA focused team.
As a Newtrax Deployment Services team member, the candidate will work closely with Newtrax Deployment Managers to successfully deploy projects in Canada/USA. Reporting to the Deployment Manager, the role will be based in Montreal, Quebec, and offers the suitable candidate an opportunity to apply their technical skills in delivering transformational technology projects to mine sites across Canada/USA with two key areas of focus:
- Newtrax Services: Offer product expertise and project technical services. Travel to mine sites (up to 50% travel) to offer training, troubleshooting and ensure overall project success.
- Newtrax Support: supporting and configuring software/hardware for ongoing and existing solutions.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate to grow their career by gaining exposure to different mine sites across North-America and possibly worldwide.
- Perform installations and provide training to installers for leading edge telecommunication and vehicle telemetry solutions.
- Conduct site audits to review client-specific mining equipment and telecommunications systems.
- Review mining equipment electrical diagrams to confirm on-board sensors and ECUs.
- Conduct analysis of new mining equipment to interpret on-board communications protocols.
- Produce standard and client-specific configurations of vehicle telemetry data loggers and related sensors.
- Validate post-installation data acquisition from vehicle telemetry data loggers.
- Produce installation diagrams, both prior to deployments, and well as to document as-built installations.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and document deployments in a timely manner.
- Report on project milestones; participate in value realization with case studies.
- Present key deployment findings/outcomes and make suggestions for process improvements (internally) and operational improvements to key client stakeholders.
Client Support and Training
- Scope, develop and deliver training to clients on 1st-line troubleshooting and/or installation, as well as mining vehicle telemetry and telecommunications applications.
- Perform 1st line support of client mining vehicle telemetry and telecommunications systems using remote troubleshooting tools.
- Perform 2nd line problem analysis of mining vehicle telemetry and telecommunications systems.
- Continually develop and transfer best practices knowledge internally and externally.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Degree (BSc or BEng) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering desired; Qualified Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technicians with substantial experience in underground mining will be considered.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in heavy vehicle electronics (old and modern equipment models, including those using CANBus), vehicle telemetry, industrial automation, and/or telecommunications; ideally within the mining industry.
- Ability to work in an underground mining environment with limited tooling, lighting, and space.
- Strong knowledge of Information Technology deployments and tools (Office, Windows); Linux knowledge is an asset
- Ability to work well with the public, with good interpersonal skills, outstanding listening skills
- Good English and French communication skills, both written and verbal; Spanish fluency is an asset
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and willingness to travel frequently
- Proficiency with reporting/dashboard tools such as MS Business Intelligence are an added advantage