Data Warehouse Architect
Location : Montreal
The Data Warehouse Architect will be responsible for designing and deploying a real-time data warehouse. A successful candidate understands enterprise data warehouse architecture, industry standards and data governance. The candidate will also identify and implement master data management in areas of need, to facilitate the combination of disparate data from multiple systems. The candidate must understand underlying warehouse technology, including setup, tuning and administration, identify necessary security and audit controls, and have a deep understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling as it crosses all areas of the enterprise.
- Establish organization’s data warehousing strategy, set infrastructure standards and best
- Work with our development team to research a proper deployment process.
- Provide functional and technical subject matter expertise in data warehousing concepts, recommend improvements and supplemental data warehouse technologies if needed
- Work with Product Owners and internal stakeholders to gather DW business requirements and determine the project scope, timeline, deliverables and priorities
- Design, document, and deploy the logical and technical architecture of the data warehouse, including the physical components, their functionality and their expected performance.
- Own critical development tasks such as API development and data/object modeling
- Support data tool implementation, including data warehouse automation/replication tools
- Provides expertise and guidance in the creation and refinement of agile technical stories for data architecture and development.
- Occasional travel to mine sites, conferences and elsewhere may be required from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer information systems;
- Proven experience in design, development, testing, and deployment of end-to-end BI/data warehouse solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and contribute expertise in the areas of BI and data warehouse architecture;
- Expert-level knowledge of modern BI technologies in the areas of virtualization, streaming and data warehouse as a service;
- An asset: Experience with analytics tools like Tableau or RapidMiner
- Experience with database performance profiling tools;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Quality oriented;
- Knowledge in one or more of the following technologies and software would be an asset:
-SQL Server 2017
- Knowledge/interest in machine learning, algorithms, and AI are not just an added bonus but would ensure the candidate develops a very high profile with Newtrax. For example, experience with discretization, regularization, crosses or canonicalization of data or experience with regression, classification, clustering or deep learning models.
- An asset: Experience with Data protection laws or experience with IT audits from customers