Business Intelligence Analyst
As a key member of the Newtrax Central Server SCRUM product development team, you will be responsible for leading the creation of real-time dashboards with MS Power BI, for consumption by end-users in control rooms, on laptops, on tablets and on smart phones. The data to be visualized in stored in both MS SQL and Postgre SQL databases.
- Actively contribute to the definition of technology strategies (architecture, design and interfacing) to effectively meet business needs
- Participate in the technological monitoring and the definition of coding standards to ensure that systems are efficient, resilient and durable
- Provide solutions based on requirements, supported by technical documentation.
- Coordinate with the other internal development teams and business partners.
- Expert in Business Intelligence applications
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Reporting and Data visualization tools (Tableau, Jaspersoft, PowerBI, QlikView)
- Database management systems: PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Proficient spoken and written English
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced development environment
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals
- Teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- (Asset) Linux and scripting: Ubuntu, SSH, Bash, Python
- (Asset) Good technical understanding of the challenges of integrating open source technologies
- (Asset) Knowledge of IoT systems
- (Asset) Public presences, repos, community contributions, stack overflow, etc.
- (Asset) Ability to travel occasionally
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science, or equivalent combination of education and years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in MS Power BI
- Relational databases