Newtrax (www.newtrax.com) develops cutting edge technology focused exclusively on the underground, hard rock, metal mining industry. Our solutions are currently in use at over 80 mines and our market is growing quickly. Owing to recent growth trajectories, we have a need to add to our Canada / USA focused team.
A Newtrax (senior) business analyst is a key position reporting directly to the Regional Vice President for Canada / USA. The role will involve managing data in relation to operations (mobile equipment operator behavior, equipment tracking/optimization/utilization, employee tracking) as well as equipment maintenance/reliability, and will use this data to generate deep insight which will be delivered regularly to clients.
- Understanding business, process, maintenance and operational environment of the underground mining industry; conduct scoping visits to confirm client requirements.
- Use existing Newtrax/ISAAC, and future sources of data, to capture, analyze and document business and operational performance
- Use a deep understanding of core performance (KPIs), develop industry benchmarks, identify opportunities for improvement for each client (process improvement etc)
- Communicate key findings and suggestions for operational improvements in reports and presentations to key stakeholders on a regular basis (at least monthly)
- Measure and report successful improvements; realize value with case studies, conference presentations, and white papers
- Engage the Newtrax sales team to ensure they understand the value realized
- Identify and gauge the training requirements of customers
- Continually develop and transfer best practices knowledge internally and externally
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in Mining, Electrical, Software Engineering, or Computer Science
- Master’s degree in Business (MBA) or Data Science/Statistics, would be an added advantage
- At least five (5) years mining industry experience, ideally as part of mine operations
- At least two (2) years of experience using data to support business process improvements (consulting, business improvement, or analyst work)
- An ability to work well with the public and an ability to adopt a customer perspective
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal. Language skills in French are preferred.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence
- Track record of building and maintaining client relationships an added advantage
- Advanced proficiency with reporting/dashboard tools like MS Business Intelligence is an added advantage
- Knowledge of machine learning, algorithms, and AI are not just an added bonus but would ensure the candidate develops a very high profile with Newtrax.