Location : Montreal, Quebec, Canada
As a key member of the software development team, you will be responsible for a variety of backend software development projects in an agile development environment, including migration of business logic and telemetry data from a Windows environment to a Linux server.
- Actively contribute to the definition of technology strategies (architecture, design and interfacing) to effectively meet business needs
- Participate in the technological monitoring and the definition of coding standards to ensure that systems are efficient, resilient and durable
- Provide solutions based on requirements, supported by technical documentation.
- Coordinate with the other internal development teams and business partners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Programming languages
- (Required) C#.NET, SQL
- (Asset) C++, Boost, Java, Delphi
- (Asset) Scripting languages: Python, Bash, Perl
- Database management systems: PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server
- Linux servers: Ubuntu (preferred), others
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Proficient spoken and written English and conversational French
- Strong technical understanding of the challenges of integrating open source technologies
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced development environment
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals
- Teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- (Asset) Knowledge of sensor or vehicle data acquisition
- (Asset) Public presences, repos, community contributions, stack overflow, etc.
- (Asset) Ability to travel occasionally
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science, or equivalent combination of education and years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in backend development, including some of the following areas:
- Relational databases
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
- Data and application migration
- Reporting and analytics over large data sets
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org