Newtrax Technologies Inc. is a Montreal-based high-tech company specialized in electronic safety and automation solutions for underground hard rock mines.
Our products improve the health and safety of workers underground, enhance productivity plus reduce the environmental footprint of mine sites!
Our most precious asset is our team of employees and as a learning organization in a fast-paced industry, we are continuously seeking ways to improve our employee’s level of professional development and overall happiness.
If you are world-class in your field of expertise and share our vision, mission and values, please contact us as soon as possible!
The following job openings are only a few examples of roles we need to fill in the near future (click on the job title for details):
Embedded Linux Software Developer (x2)
We would like to add to our team a Senior and an Intermediate Software Developer for embedded applications related to wireless mesh sensor networks. We are designing a new platform based on TI Cortex A8 processor and state of the art RF chipsets. We are particularly interested in dynamic and innovative professionals who set ambitious goals and have the self-motivation to follow through and execute their ideas.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Board bring-up
- Setup development environment and Embedded Linux image
- Write Linux Drivers (RF chipset, SPI, etc.)
- Coach rest of the team on Embedded Linux Development best practices
- Participate in Architecture, Design and Development of RF communication application on Linux platform
We expect you to bring a subset of the following:
- 5 – 20 years of experience
- Proven expertise in Embedded Linux
- Knowledge in embedded systems, wireless communication, sockets programming, multi-threaded applications
- Skills in C, C++, wireless communication, TCP/IP
- Bonus skills: RF, MSP430, Experience with unit test programming or Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new environments, learn new technologies quickly and be a team player with a positive entrepreneurial spirit
The opening also involves:
- System testing and documentation
- Occasional travelling to customer sites
- Participation in the development and evolution of our technology roadmap and our future product definition